About Me

Friday, April 29, 2016

RED BASKET SERVANT

Have you seen those red plastic baskets some restaurants use to serve fries, chips, and chicken wings?
God showed me one as I cried out to Him to use me. The vision in my head was clear.  
 The basket had some pita bread, broken into pieces.

The Spirit impressed upon my heart as I prayed, You are the basket. You will serve me, be prepared. Now go to the Bible and study both stories on Jesus feeding the multitudes.





That night I read 
Mathew 14:10-21 The story of Jesus feeding the 5000 after the beheading of John the Baptist.
Jesus was heartbroken. He tried to go to a desolate place by himself but He was followed by people who wanted to be healed.  He had compassion on them, He healed them and then fed them.
Mathew 15:29-39  Jesus was on a mountain healing many. He was joyful; the people glorified the God of Israel because of all the miracles.  Then Jesus fed them.

As I prayed and compared these two stories the Spirit echoed in my heart,
Like Jesus, you will feed many. Whether you are in physical or emotional pain, in a desolate place, or on a mountain top.  No matter the circumstance, you are my servant. I will use you when I want and how I want.  Be prepared.
I thought of the red plastic basket in my vision.  It has no great value, but it held bread, the sustenance of life.
I hold The Word of God in my head and heart, which can nourish many.  The power of the Spirit at work in and through me can bring healing, conviction, joy, encouragement, and truth to the multitudes.

God has tested me as His servant.  
There have been times  I was so weak and tired, He called me to minister.  I did not want to, but He reminded me of the basket.  I was obedient and God was glorified.

My personal choice of service is encouraging  a group of ladies when God gives me the privilege to speak at a conference. 
This is my mountaintop experience.  
No matter when or where I serve, my Savior reminds me that serving in His power will reap rewards.  
Remember when Jesus fed the multitude, there were leftovers?
We are all vessels, like that red plastic basket.  
We are all called to be servants like Jesus.

even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many Mathew 20:28 ESV

He had victory, His service reaped eternal rewards.
We are part of that reward; because of this,
we are called to obedience by serving.
We are to be Just like Jesus.
 For those whom he foreknew he alsopredestined to be conformed to the image of his Son Romans 8:29 ESV

At times, I fail at being a servant, I think we all do.
But oh! the joy of being used by our great God to change someone's life. There is no experience like it.
Will you join me and seek to serve our Abba no matter what He calls us to do?
Have you served out of pain, fear or joy?
Please comment below.

8 comments:

Leigh Powers said...

Amen--there are great rewards from serving. We are all called to be servants like Jesus.

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Amen Leigh, I sign my correspondence, Saved to Serve, it keeps me focused. Thank you for stopping by.

Crickett said...

Thanks, Cherrilynn, for this reminder of our calling to serve. There is no greater joy than seeing God use us in someone's life.

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Amen, Crickett, Thank you for visiting. May God continue to bless you as you serve Him.

Sherry Carter said...

The past couple years have been hard and I've struggled to see how God might be using me. You opened my eyes to the truth that my purpose is to serve - in small or large ways, out of joy or pain. I've been searching for some big thing that God is or will do through me when He works most often through the small things. Thank you for such encouraging words!

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Sherry, Thanks for the encouraging words. Trials and tribulations are difficult. At times it seems God has put a do not disturb sign on heaven's door. I understand how you feel. Like you said, God uses us in "small things" but the small is Big to God. Cling to Him my friend. People are watching how you go through trials. They see that you are trusting in your Savior. That speaks volumes even when you don't speak a word. Sending hugs and prayers. We should talk sometime.

Sherry Carter said...

I would love to! You are the only writer I know of who struggles to write as I do. When I sit and look at my blank screen, I think of you and it encourages me.

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.