About Me

Thursday, May 26, 2016

CURSE THE CLOUDS?


I woke in good spirits;  it was another Resurrection Sunday. 
 I always looked forward to church service at Hampton Beach, NH.
The sunrises were breathtaking, and I got chills as trumpets, horns and trombones played, Up From the Grave He Arose. The perfect reminder that Jesus triumphed over the grave when He rose from the dead, thus setting believers free from the penalty of sin.

Life was arduous.  No work, no money, no peace. 
 I longed for another Resurrection morning just like the others at the beach. 
I looked out the window my attitude changed to reflect the weather; gray and dim. 
 My good spirits dampened by the rain. 
Curse you clouds, I said in my heart.
As we drove to the beach at 5:45, I begged God to part the clouds; it rained harder.
Oh Lord, life is so challenging, I am so tired, please part the clouds so we can see the sunrise. Can't you see I need hope? 
I expected the clouds to dissipate right at that moment; instead, the Holy Spirit echoed in my head,
Just because you can't see it, the sun still shines behind the clouds. (Tweet This)
Just like I am here for you amidst the darkness and uncertainty.
That was the ray of hope I needed.
I thanked God that morning as the band played, Up from the Grave, in the pouring rain.  
I no longer curse the clouds.
Rain clouds remind me God is still at work even when I cannot see Him.
Look up at the heavens and see; gaze at the clouds so high above you. Job 35:5

Have you cursed the clouds in your life? Please share.

3 comments:

Crickett said...

Thanks for sharing this, Cherrilynn. What a great reminder that the sun's still there even when we can't see it. I needed that! Thanks!

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Crickett, Thank you for the encouragement. I still need to remind myself also. Have a blessed weekend.

Leigh Powers said...

What a great reminder--God is still there, even when we can't see him.