About Me

Friday, June 17, 2016

SMALL IS THE NEW BIG

My mouth would not stop bleeding. 
 I had a skin graft taken from the roof of my mouth and placed at the base of a tooth to prevent the loss of that tooth.  The initial surgery was not painful, just uncomfortable.  
The surgeon told me that it should heal quickly.  

At the time of surgery I was a new believer, I was learning how to pray; I did not pray for my mouth to heal. 

I thought it was too small and insignificant to God.  
He had bigger problems to solve, like world hunger.
It was time for my check up.  My report of increased pain, discomfort and bleeding worried the surgeon.
I don't know why you are not healing, are you doing everything I asked you to do?
Yes, I said.
A still small voice inside my head said,
Pray and ask Me to heal you.
 I left the dental office with an appointment to return in five days; I heard the voice again.
Pray and ask Me to heal you.
It couldn't be God; He had bigger concerns.
I headed to church for the prayer meeting.  I never missed it.  I love to intercede on the behalf of others.
As I sat in pain, blood at the corner of my mouth, I hesitated to ask for prayer, but the words echoed in my head,
Pray and ask me to heal you.
After we prayed for our country, missionaries and lost souls, I spoke.
My mouth has not healed from surgery; it's been over two weeks, and the surgeon is concerned.  It is such a small thing. I don't even want to ask for prayer, but it's getting worse.
I fixed my eyes on the floor in front of me.
Cherrilynn,  my pastor said, Your Heavenly Father is concerned about your mouth.  He wants you to come to Him with everything. Now go ahead, pray for yourself.

As I prayed the discomfort went away, and the bleeding subsided.
I returned to the surgeon.
Your mouth looks so much better, What did you do? 
I finally prayed.
Do you feel your situation is insignificant?
Join me and claim God's promise.

Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath! Psalm 116:2 (Tweet this)




4 comments:

Crickett said...

Great story, Cherrilynn! I needed this reminder that nothing is too small or insignificant for God. Thanks for sharing this.

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Crickett. Have a beautiful weekend.

Rachel Jackson said...

I love how you wrote that you love to intercede for others...and then you needed your pastor's words of encouragement to free you to pray for yourself. Serving others...not only before ourselves, but to the exclusion of ourselves. Isn't that so often a woman's way? :)

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Rachel, yes women are selfless much of the time. Thank you for your encouragement. Have a blessed day.