About Me

Friday, August 12, 2016

NEED PATIENCE NOW?

"I have no patience when it comes to you fooling around, I told you to clean this room," I said to my then five-year-old son as he sat on his bed.  
"I don't know where to put my books; I don't remember where anything goes," he said as his body shook and tears wet his favorite cowboy shirt.
The Holy Spirit reminded me that I am to teach and guide; not to expect my son to know the task after showing him one time. 
Now who was the foolish one? 
I apologized and prayed  THE PRAYER for both myself and my son.
Oh to have God's love sweep the cluttered rooms of my heart, (Tweet this)
filling each shelf with patience, kindness, and joy.
 There would be fewer tears and more understanding in my life.

I pray THE PRAYER daily. I have seen changes in those I bring before the throne.  I admit I was surprised at how soon it occurred.
Those I prayed for seem happier like a burden had lifted from them.  Thank you, Lord.
However, mild depression clouded my heart.  I did not pray daily for myself.  Silly me.  
The cloud lifted when I began to include myself in prayer. 
Let's continue to look at THE PRAYER

"Your love that is patient and kind; love that does not envy, boast, is not arrogant or rude. Love that does not insist on its own way, not irritable or resentful." 
 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 (adaptation) 

All definitions are adapted from Blue Letter Bible  ESV version.
Patient- makrothymeō: to be long-spirited, longsuffering, endure, slow to anger, and slow to punish

Kind- chrēsteuomai: to show oneself useful, act benevolently.

Envy- zēloō:  to have the warmth of feeling for or against, affect, covet, be jealous over.

Boast- perpereuomai: a self-display, employing rhetorical embellishments in extolling one's self excessively, brag

Arrogant- physioō: to be puffed up, to bear one's self loftily, be proud

Rude- aschēmoneō: to act unbecomingly (not according to standard)

God's love toward us reveals itself in this prayer.  If you struggle with self-loathing, bitterness, anger or any sin, put your name in the prayer.

Your love that is patient and kind with Cherrilynn...not rude, irritable or resentful toward Cherrilynn.

Prayer helped me to love others as I accepted God's love for me. He gives me the power to love and be loved.




and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. Romans 5:5








Knowing that I have God's love in me gave me hope. 
 I can
 love the unlovable,
 forgive the unforgivable,
 and pray for what seems to be a hopeless situation.
The living Word of God has gone deep into my bitter soul and eradicated the hate and replaced it with love.  (Click to tweet)
I'm shedding my rude, arrogant behavior and replacing it with kindness and patience.
Is there someone you need to love more? Someone who has violated you, hurt you, lied to you or slandered you?"
Will you join me in aligning our hearts with the heart of God?
God wants us free from the burdens of bitterness, guilt, anger and pain.
Let's leave bitterness and anger behind.
We no longer need to be jealous when someone gets the job, car, or relationship we want.  We will be happy for them because we love them with the love of God.


This will happen when we pray THE PRAYER.

What do you struggle with?  
Join the conversation.

8 comments:

Beckie Lindsey said...

Cherrilynn, What a beautiful post! I love "The Prayer" that you have put together by combining some of my favorite scriptures. I read it aloud. So powerful :)

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Beckie, Thank you. I have the entire prayer in my book True Star Quality. With God's help the book will be out by the beginning of next year. It is a very powerful prayer. God is so good to teach us how to pray.

Crickett said...

Cherrilynn, I love that prayer. And I need to be more consistent in praying for those things. Thanks for sharing this!

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Crickett, Thank you for your faithfulness to join me on my adventures through scripture. Praying Scripture is powerful. I did not want to pray something against God's will so I try to pray the Word. Oh to know the complete love God has for each of us. I know I would not complain or be so anxious. Have a blessed week my friend.

Lonnie said...

Your post and comments remind me of Mark Batterson's, "The Circle Maker."

I've read, often, of praying God's Word. His book really set me in motion. Cherrilynn, did you receive my friend request on facebook? Just thought I'd share something you might enjoy--as you are already doing it. "When we write from our gut (I'd say heart/vulnerability) rather than from our head we acquire the same resonance that a singer does when the breath comes from the diaphragm rather than high up in the chest." Julia Cameron Blessings to you.

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Lonnie, I did not receive your friend request. I am so sorry. email me at godsfruit@juno.com with your facebook link I will friend you. Thank you again for your encouragement. I love the quote. God bless you

Leigh Powers said...

I'm so glad God is patient with me. And that prayer is beautiful--it draws on some of my favorite Scriptures.

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Leigh, Amen. I pray I am as patient with others as He is with me. Thank you for encouragement. My God bless you as you serve Him.