About Me

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

WHY WAIT A YEAR

I love a new start, a clean slate you might say.  
New Year's day brings that for many people. 
 A resolution is made in hopes of profitable and enduring change.  
We resolve to lose weight, rekindle a friendship, write a book, learn a new language, the list goes on.  
What is a Resolution
According to the Oxford Dictionary
1. A firm decision to do or not to do something
2. The action of solving a problem, dispute, or contentious matter

Statistics prove, after three months, many lose steam and do not stick to their New Years resolution. 
 I have done this more times than I want to admit. 
I beat myself up for not finishing the work or achieving my goal (tweet this)  
I felt like I set myself up for failure.  I began to hate resolutions and myself.
That changed.
As a new Christian,  I stopped making New Years resolutions after I read Lamentations 3:22-24 

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
    his mercies never come to an end;
     they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
   “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
    “therefore, I will hope in him.”
I have a fresh start every morning.  
I don't have to wait for a new year to get a clean slate with God. 
 If I fail the previous day, He forgives me.  Scripture reminds me 


His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence 2 Peter 1:3 ESV

Each morning I pray, "What do you have for your servant today?"
Many mornings He impresses upon my heart to stick with the daily routine.
Other mornings He places an activity or person upon my heart. I talk to Him all day. 
Whatever, the plan, I know that God is in me, empowering me to complete the work.  

I no longer make a yearly resolution,  I make a daily one.
I want to be like the Apostle PaulFor I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2 ESV

The Apostle Paul also stated in Philippians 3:10

That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection

God's power is alive and at work in us, as believers.

We no longer need to set ourselves up for failure.
We have daily victory.

Will you join me in making this daily resolution to know nothing but Christ and live in the power He gives us? 
 Join the conversation.








No comments: