About Me

Saturday, February 11, 2017

SPIRITUAL SURGERY

in a person's innermost being.(Tweet This)

I experienced the sword of Gods word first hand. 
My deepest desire is to know the love of God and make it known to others,
 to have 
delicate discernment in all aspects of my life.
My attitude hindered me from fully being used by God.
I needed to forgive my childhood abuser and see him as God sees him. 


I clung to my right to fight. 
I was wronged.  I should be able to hold on to a grudge, right?
Wrong.
I studied the prayers of Paul.  
Oh to obtain the inner peace that Paul had. He was wronged, thrown into jail and left for dead. I wanted that peace.
I began to pray the Scripture for a changed heart.
 I continue to pray for myself and others daily.
I interweave Bible passages as I pray 

Ephesians 3:17-21, 1 Corinthians 13:4-4, and Philippians 1:9-11-all adapted from ESV

Lord, I pray that according to the riches of your glory that you may  strengthen us with power through your Spirit in our inner being,  so that Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith—that we would be rooted and grounded in love.  Your love that is patient and kind; love that does not envy, boast,  is not arrogant or rude. Love that does not insist on its own way, not irritable or resentful. Love  that does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.  Love that bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things.
 I also pray that we may have a strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth of your love for us,  and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge.   My prayer is that we may be filled with all the fullness of God. 
I pray this so that our love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment.   Help us to approve what is excellent.   Lord change us so that we will be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,  filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,  to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.


Change ensued.
The process was painful. 
My hatred toward my abuser turned into biblical love. 
I began to see him through the eyes of God. 
I no longer wanted revenge.

Praying the Scriptures brings supernatural change.

The Holy Spirit surgically removed the sin and replaced it with love.

Do you need spiritual surgery?
It may be minor surgery or major surgery.  
In my case, it was major surgery.
Pray the above prayer with me daily, for yourself and others.

Please Join me for the next few weeks as we break down the prayer into bite size pieces and digest its truths.

Will you allow the Word to perform Spiritual surgery?
Join the conversation.
If you have a personal, confidential or specific prayer  that you want me to pray for, send me a personal email at godsfruit@juno.com

6 comments:

Connie Wohlford said...

Cherrilynn, I believe your post has the power to help many people. Many times I have asked God to help me see someone as He sees them, just like you said. In so doing I've been able to love people who are unlovable or have hurt me in some way. It's an ongoing process. God bless you!

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Thank you, that is my desire. God bless you Connie

Heather said...

Cherrilynn, thank you for this prayer. I am going to pray the prayer for a different kind of spiritual surgery that I need right now. This is just what I needed!

Heather Bock
www.glimpsesofjesus.com

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Heather, I will pray with you and for you. I am blessed that God is using this post. I need spiritual surgery still. I guess we are forever on the operating table.

Joshua J Masters said...

I believe God loves to hear us speak His words back to Him. The hope of God's promises is found in His Word.

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Amen, Joshua. His Word is so powerful. speaking it back to Him is life changing. Thank you so much for stopping by.