About Me

Friday, March 10, 2017

PATIENCE PLEASE

"I have no patience when it comes to you fooling around, I told you to clean this room," I said to my then five-year-old son as he sat on his bed.  
"I don't know where to put my books, I don't remember where anything goes," He said with tears in his eyes.
The Holy Spirit reminded me that I am to teach and guide,  not to expect my son to know the task after showing him one time. 
Now who was the foolish one? I apologized and prayed  THE PRAYER .

Oh to have God's love sweep the cluttered rooms of my heart, (click to tweet) filling each shelf with patience, kindness, and joy.
 There would be fewer tears and more understanding in my life.
Have you seen any changes while praying THE PRAYER over the last few weeks? 
Those I pray for seem happier, like a burden has lifted from them.  My patience doesn't wear thin so quickly. Thank you, Lord.
As we continue to pray The Prayer, let's ask God to reveal the sin He specifically wants us to lay before His feet. Is there a person we do not love with the love of God? Are we hindering God from loving us?

"Your love that is patient and kind; 
 1 Corinthians 13:4 (adaptation) 

All definitions are adapted from Blue Letter Bible ESV version.
Patientmakrothymeō: to be long-spirited, longsuffering, endure, slow to anger, and slow to punish

Kindchrēsteuomai: to show oneself useful, act benevolently.


God's love toward us reveals itself in this prayer.  If you struggle with self-loathing, lack of patience, anger or any sin, put your name in the prayer.

Your love that is patient and kind with Cherrilynn.

Your love that is patient and kind with Linda, Katy, Sarah, Crickett...
Try it with your name.

The result of praying this prayer helped me to love others as I acknowledged the power of Gods love in me.
"I could never forgive that person!"  I thought to myself, "and God wants me to love them?
Enduring abuse as a child wreaked havoc in many areas of my life.  I knew God wanted me to forgive...but how?
I did not have the strength or desire to love that person. 
 In my eyes, that person deserved the wrath of God not forgiveness. I grew impatient waiting for God to act on my behalf.
I turned to Scripture.




and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. Romans 5:5








I grasped the power of God's love in me. My mantra turned from, I can't forgive, to,  I can love the unlovable, forgive the unforgivable, and pray for what seems to be a hopeless situation.
Over time, the Living and Active Word of God has gone deep into my bitter soul and eradicated the hate and replaced it with love.  
Is there someone you need to love more? Someone who has violated you, hurt you, lied to you or slandered you?" Are you growing impatient waiting for God to punish the one who hurt you?
Please join me in aligning our hearts with the heart of God.
God wants us free from the burdens of bitterness, guilt, anger and pain.
Let's leave bitterness and anger beind and leave the consequences of sin in Gods hands. He sees all and will deal with the person that hurt us. God loves that person too.


Patience and Kindness toward ourselves and others can  happen, when we pray THE PRAYER.

What do you struggle with?  
How can I pray for you?
Join the conversation.

6 comments:

Crickett said...

Praying Scripture for ourselves and others is one of the most powerful things we can do. Great post, Cherrilynn! Thanks for sharing.

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Thank you, Crickett I always love your encouragement and remarks. Have a blessed weekend.

Connie Wohlford said...

As we are faithful in the Word, getting to know God better, we can be confident His desire for us is patience and forgiveness. Praying the Word is powerful and gives the Holy Spirit great opportunity to infuse His power into us to do that which is beyond our human capabilities. Thank you, Cherrilynn.

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Amen my friend Thanks for stopping by.

Patty Nicholas said...

Using Gods word to change our hearts and to help us do what we can't do in our own strength is an awesome tool. Thank you for the reminder.

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Patty thank you. The only way I've been able to change through the power of the Holy Spirit working with the word. Thank you for the encouragement and thank you for stopping by.