About Me

Monday, April 17, 2017

WHAT CAN CHASE, REPLACE, AND ERASE?

I love a good riddle.  The funnier the better.  I also love puns and word association games.  But the answer to our question is no laughing matter.
What can chase, replace, and erase?
(Drum roll, please)
If you didn't guess, the answer is Grace.
For the next three weeks, I desire to share with you these life-changing truths I gleaned from my study of the Word. I desperately needed God's grace in the midst of my bad decision. Have you every made a bad decision?
Then join me on this journey through Scripture as we look at people from three Biblical accounts.  
These people experienced Gods grace in a personal and poignant way, and we can too!

What is grace?  Blue Letter Bible defines it:
Greek word: charis:
divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude,  benefit, favor.
Others have defined it as unmerited favor.
 I like acrostics and acronyms so I appreciate this definition
G-Gods
R-Riches
A-At
C-Christs
E-Expense
However we chose to define Grace, one fact we can't deny,
 we are lost without God's Grace (tweet this)
Jesus gave His life so that we many experience the full grace of God.
God's Grace saved us and keeps us.

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, Ephesians 2:8 ESV


who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began, 2 Timothy 1:9 ESV


My prayer is that we learn more about God's unmerited favor toward us as we see His grace manifested in these three stories. 



Grace Chased Adam & Eve out of the garden of eden- week 1

Grace Replaced the destination of Rahab- week 2

God Erased feelings of guilt for the woman at the well- week 3

GRACE CHASED
Adam & Eve out of paradise.
God's creation sinned against Him.  How could this be when they had the perfect relationship with God.  You can get the background of the story Here
I first thought God chased them out of the garden as a discipline.
Then this verse captured my attention.

Genesis 3: 22-24
 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”  So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.


God Chased them out of the garden because of His grace.  He wanted to protect them from being separated from Him forever.  If they ate of the fruit from the Tree of Life there would be no remedy for sin. All mankind would eternally live in separation from their loving Creator.
I thank God that He chased them out of the Garden.

God has chased me away from people and situations. He had to pry my fingers away from a toxic relationship, I did not have the strength to leave when I knew God wanted me to.  The process was painful. In hindsight, I see how He rescued me from
 continual heartbreak.



I may not always understand why God chases me away from situations and people, but I know He loves me and has my best in mind. His grace is sufficient.
Ler's join together and thank Him for Grace.



Has God ever chased you away from a person or situation?
Please share.



Next week we discuss how Grace replaced Rahab's destination.
Will you to continue on this grace study with me?




4 comments:

Connie Wohlford said...

Chase, replace, and erase -- This was a great was to illustrate God's grace.
Yes, Cherrilynn, God has chased me from a toxic relationship. I suspect most followers of Jesus have experienced that.

Heather said...

I recently discovered this grace in this passage, too. I love that even death is a grace.

Heather Bock
www.glimpsesofjesus.com

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Connie, Thank you for the encouragement. We are blessed that He chases us. Sometimes I feel like I need to be dragged away from the situation. Thank you for stopping by

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Heather, yes and Amen. My grandmother experienced His grace when she passed from pain to paradise. Thanks forward your insight