About Me

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

GOD DELIGHTS IN THE DETAILS

God cares about the details.
I learned this the hard way when my mouth would not stop bleeding. I had a skin graft taken from the roof of my mouth and placed at the base of a tooth to prevent the loss of that tooth. The initial surgery was not painful, just uncomfortable. The surgeon told me it would heal quickly.
At the time of surgery, I was a new believer, I was just learning how to pray, I did not pray for my mouth to heal.
 I thought it was too small and insignificant to God. He had bigger problems to solve, like world hunger.
It was time for my check up. My report of increased pain, discomfort and bleeding worried the surgeon.
“I don't know why you are not healing, are you doing everything I asked you to do?”
“Yes.”
A still small voice inside my head said, Pray and ask Me to heal you.
 I left the dental office with an appointment to return in five days, I heard the voice again. “Pray and ask Me to heal you.
It couldn't be God, He had bigger concerns.
I headed to church for the prayer meeting. I never missed it. I love to intercede on the behalf of others. As I sat in pain, blood at the corner of my mouth, I hesitated to ask for prayer, but the words echoed in my head.
Ask Me to heal you.
After we prayed for our country, missionaries, and lost souls, I spoke. “My mouth has not healed from surgery, it's been more than two weeks, and the surgeon is concerned. It is such a small thing. I don't even want to ask for prayer, but it's getting worse.”
I fixed my eyes on the floor in front of me.
“Cherrilynn,” my pastor said, “Your Heavenly Father is concerned about your mouth. He wants you to come to Him with everything. Now go ahead, pray for yourself.”
As I prayed for healing, the discomfort went away, and the bleeding subsided.
I returned to the surgeon.
“Your mouth looks so much better, What did you do?”
Now I try to pray for every detail of my life.
I know God cares, He said so.

 The LORD directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives. Psalm 37:23 (NLT)

How has God been in the details of your life?
Join the conversation.

10 comments:

Melanie said...

Watching God in the details of my life has been quite the adventure. It would take up too much room to display God's faithfulness here, but I get it. Nothing is ever too small for us to bring before His throne of grace. Thank you for sharing your story and reminding us of this incredible truth. ~ Melanie

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Melanie thank you for your encouragement. I would love to hear about some of your stories. I love when God is in the details

Heather said...

Yes, I love how our Father God cares about every little thing that we care about--that's what a good Father does! He is so good!

Heather Bock
www.glimpsesofjesus.com

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Amen Heather

Carole Sparks said...

This is such a sweet miracle. It must have been a tremendous encouragement to your young faith. Thank you for sharing it with us!

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Carole, thank you. Yes it was an encouragement. Thank you for stopping by

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

Carole, thank you. Yes it was an encouragement. Thank you for stopping by

Red Chair Moments said...

Cherrilynn, This is a powerful reminder to 1)God loves the details and 2) it is okay to pray for ourselves. Too often, I forgo praying for areas of my life because I don't consider it as important to the needs of others. Your post is a great reminder that God wants to hear pray in it all. ~April White @ Red Chair Moments

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

April, thank you for the encouragement. And thank you for taking time to stop by and read the blog. God bless you

CHERRILYNN BISBANO said...

April, thank you for the encouragement. And thank you for taking time to stop by and read the blog. God bless you